Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Tuesday Interview: New Dog issues

Yes, it's Tuesday. And so is the dog (file photo at right).

Typist: Good morning, girl.

Tuesday: Hello.

Typist: So, what about yesterday evening? What was up with that?

Tuesday: Bunnies. They taunt me. They sneak out of the yard.

Typist:
Still, there was no need to dig a foot-deep hole along the fence line.

Tuesday:
Define "need."

Typist:
Well, you don't have any right to complain when we're cleaning mud clods out of the fur between your paw pads. You put them there. Your fault.

Tuesday:
I was going to lick them out later.

Typist:
Yeah, on our carpet!

Tuesday: I don't know why you make such a big deal out of carpet.

Typist:
Actually, I don't either. It's pretty old.... But hey! We are having a house guest tomorrow, and things have to look presentable.

Tuesday:
(sigh) Don't even ask me to stop shedding. It's my life's purpose.

Typist: Okay, here's the plan: there's still a hole under the fence line, and I don't want you making it any bigger. It's not safe to risk having you and Angus running around the neighborhood. You're both staying inside today.

Tuesday: Do I get the couch?

Typist: You have to share the couch.

Tuesday:
(sigh) Okay.

2 comments:

RevAnne said...

Is Tuesday a 14 year old human female? Too funny!

Kathryn said...

I think it's somethign to do with the class of 08...The lovely Libby both moults for England and is a very keen gardener. Holes in all sorts of places in the vicarage garden - which was pretty bombed out before she arrived (this being a brand new house, with no garden work done at all). I've never had a digging dog, but I don't know how to dissuade her.
Oooh...and guess what your verification is today
OBAMA
Truly it is :-)