Thursday, January 15, 2009

In Memoriam: Twinkie, 19??-2009

Twinkie, my sister's dog, has gone on. We got the call just a few minutes ago.

She died under the corner of the bed, in the same spot where she liked to hang out when she first came to live with them.

Her arrival was really good timing: she showed up as a stray, not long after the death of my sister's youngest daughter. Her presence helped their household work through a lot of grief over the months and years.

Small as she was, Twinkie was a protector, a loving companion, a mini-me to our Cub girl, and a darn good squirrel hunter by all accounts (although I'm glad I never saw it first-hand).

Rest well, Twinkie. Frolic. Be able to see again. Run, hunt, dance on your hind legs, and know you're loved.

5 comments:

Theresa Coleman said...

My condolences. May she rest in peace.

Unknown said...

Bless her and all her loved ones.

zorra said...

((Twinkie))
What a good dog. My condolences to her family.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this. We'll be thinking about all of you.

RevAnne said...

Another golden tail.
Prayers and hugs to you and your family. And when she's ready, may another furry friend find it's way into your sister's life.