Friday, December 31, 2010

Re-rescue needed

So the day after I wrote my last post about all the happy rescue dogs, I learned that Crystal isn't working out in her adoptive home as well as first indicated. If any of my blog readers might know someone who would take her in, please contact me. It would be best if we could find her a home with no children, no cats, and either no dogs or one dog who should weigh at least 30 pounds.

Ugh. I so want her to find a happy home without complications. Please pray that it happens. I don't even live there anymore; I can't just go get her. And bringing her to where I live now isn't a good option, as there are breed restrictions here, and our own dogs have not yet completely adjusted.

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Oh NO. I so wish I could take her. Me, who doesn't like big dogs! When she looked so trustingly into my eyes, I fell in love.

However...we have cats and 2 Maltese. As you know. It would never work. Special prayers that Crystal finds the right home and I'll spread the word, too.

RevAnne said...

Oh, no. Wish I could take her, too, but as the WonderMutt ages, he's less tolerant of other creatures. Also, if he weighed what he was supposed to, he'd be less than 30 pounds.
Oh, and the cat. Drat.
Will keep her in my prayers. I don't know anyone in your old area, but will mention it to a few folks...

DogBlogger said...

At this point, it looks like they are willing to try a professional trainer/behaviorist before just kicking her out. I hope it works.

Cherrie said...

My neighbor swears by a dog whisperer in Plano. I may still have that number in emails somewhere and I'll forward it to you. She says this person completely changed her two dogs and the way they interacted. I'd take Crystal in a heartbeat if I could.