Thursday, October 2, 2008

Grendel and his Golden Tail

I got out of bed because I couldn't fall asleep for thinking about and missing my Cub girl, and now I'm sitting here crying over a dog I never met. (I know other people did it for us; now I understand their perspective a little better.)

Grendel got his Golden Tail today.


He was a wonderful blogger. And a pretty great dog, especially for one who claimed to be misanthropic (he wrote a lovely elegy for Cub). We will miss him around here, but I'm sure he and Cub are glad they finally got to meet. And they're running and jumping and having gravy in Heaven.

6 comments:

RevAnne said...

((((Typist, Alpha, and Boy))))
I know the feeling...I've shed more than a couple tears for Cub.
Us dog-havers are weird...but good people. Grace and peace to you.

Unknown said...

As have I. Godspeed to Grendel on this last journey.

Mary Beth said...

So sorry.

I hope you will bring Angus to the Blessing of Animals at Annunciation! There's a flyer at my blog.

Josie and Boudreaux would love to see him!

Anonymous said...

It would be odd, and sad, but comforting, if this site became a place where memorials are welcome. For the recognition of the dear, Golden tails.
"For all the Saints... Bark wuff wuff wuff wuff ...Barky Barky Bark. . . Snuffy Snoggy Snuff...Howlleluia! Howlleluia."

Law+Gospel said...

((0))

Anonymous said...

off the topic - go have a look at songbird's site...