Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Five: Pondering Dates

Over at RevGalBlogPals, Songbird writes:
Here are five things to ponder about dates. I hope you'll play!

1) Datebooks--how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance? At work, I use week-at-a-glance as my default view in Outlook. On the household Yahoo! Calendar, we use the month-at-a-glance. Then, as backup, I still keep a checkbook-sized paper calendar in my purse. Tried a Palm years ago and wasn't that fond of it, and haven't gone the Treo/iPhone/whatever route yet because I'm a cheapskate.

2) When was the last time you forgot an important date? Last year I forgot two friends' birthdays that fall within a week of each other (sorry Jess and Zen Otter!).

3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date? July 26th, the eve of our 12th anniversary.

4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated. My broomstick pants. And I always get compliments on them, so maybe they're more timeless than I expected.

5) Dates--the fruit--can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em? Eh. There was a cereal in the college cafeteria that had dates in it, and it was pretty good. But normally I don't seek them out.

6 comments:

RevAnne said...

At least your last date was a pretty great one! Great play!

Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever SEEN broomstick pants!

DogBlogger said...

I wore them on the cruise the same night you had that lovely photo taken, Songbird... most people think they're a gold or brown skirt. Plus, you couldn't see them while I was sitting down eating, which I was doing a good portion of the time I wore them. ;-)

RevDrKate said...

Those pants are not dated...they are lovely and classic!

zorra said...

Yes, your broomstick pants are very pretty. I don't think you'll need them at the beach, though. :)

Anonymous said...

broomstick pants were lovely on the cruise - I would love to have a pair!! dinner last Saturday was not a date?! *sniff*