Using the song "Summer in the City" as her inspiration, Singing Owl brings us the following RevGals Friday Five of word association:
1. rooftop My own roof. We've lived here 8 years and haven't had to replace it. Yet.
2. gritty Sand in your sunscreen.
3. hot town (yeah, I know, it's two words) New Orleans. First time I ever went there was a muggy afternoon in June. Now it makes me think of devastation, of course, but also of RevGals, because the Big Event set sail from there!
4. night For some reason, Billy Joel's "Until the Night" from the 52nd Street album. (No video for linking... although somebody has put some odd little thing together over on YouTube using clips from some ABC soap opera... no, I don't know who Carly and Lorenzo are, and I don't need to know.) But hey, just for fun, go check out Billy's site. Did you know it's the 30th anniversary of The Stranger? My big brother had it on 8-track... I wore out my cassette years ago, and now I have it on CD. (Woo, tangent...)
5. dance Something I used to do a lot, but don't do often enough these days.