Over at RevGalBlogPals, Songbird writes: It's that time of year, at least north of the equator. The windows are still open, but the darned furnace comes on early in the morning. [Note from DogBlogger: you're making some Southerners jealous here!] My husband went out for a walk after an early supper and came home in full darkness.
And yes, where we live, leaves are beginning to turn.
As this vivid season begins, tell us five favorite things about fall:
1) A fragrance: That mixture of freshly-mown grass and dried leaves in the air, which is cooler than it has been in months. Preferably on a Friday night, when it evokes the best kind of memories of high school football season.
2) A color: Red. Whenever we take a drive into the mountains in autumn (less often in recent years), I always look for the red trees amid the oranges and yellows.
3) An item of clothing: The faded green, blue, and tan leather jacket I've had since college and have no intention of replacing any time soon.
4) An activity: How 'bout a couple? a) Doing stuff outdoors without sweating; and b) having homemade chili and/or vegetable steak soup.
5) A special day: My birthday is in the autumn!