- Donated blood today at the church blood drive. It's one thing I like to brag about for a couple of reasons: a) I used to be a sissy about needles, but got over it; 2) last year I was personally thanked for donating by a friend who received a transfusion. It matters.
- Went to a youth pool party with The Alpha. Actually got in the pool for about half an hour. As a kid, you couldn't keep me out of a pool. What is it about growing up that makes it less of a draw?
- We've been watching tons of Olympic events this year. End result: sleep deprivation.
- I'm planning to go try a jazz/lyrical dance class this week. All adults, drop-in format, pay only for the days you show up. Might actually work.
- Last night I sent Mary Beth home with some of our home-grown okra and tomatoes after we rode together to hear ElastiGirl preach (and what a sermon -- she tackled that tough lectionary text from Matthew 15).
- While I was out with my fellow RGBPs, The Alpha was vacuuming and sweeping and Swiffing. Of his own accord. Take note, husbands of the world: he's kicking your collective butt.
- The Alpha finally replaced his bicycle. I still don't want him to start riding to work again. I mean, he's been hit twice. This isn't exactly a bike-friendly town. There are nice places to ride just for pleasure, but if you're actually trying to get somewhere, it's a little more challenging.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Nothing of import, really.
A Sunday night hodge-podge of tidbits: