Sunday, August 17, 2008

Nothing of import, really.

A Sunday night hodge-podge of tidbits:
  • Donated blood today at the church blood drive. It's one thing I like to brag about for a couple of reasons: a) I used to be a sissy about needles, but got over it; 2) last year I was personally thanked for donating by a friend who received a transfusion. It matters.
  • Went to a youth pool party with The Alpha. Actually got in the pool for about half an hour. As a kid, you couldn't keep me out of a pool. What is it about growing up that makes it less of a draw?
  • We've been watching tons of Olympic events this year. End result: sleep deprivation.
  • I'm planning to go try a jazz/lyrical dance class this week. All adults, drop-in format, pay only for the days you show up. Might actually work.
  • Last night I sent Mary Beth home with some of our home-grown okra and tomatoes after we rode together to hear ElastiGirl preach (and what a sermon -- she tackled that tough lectionary text from Matthew 15).
  • While I was out with my fellow RGBPs, The Alpha was vacuuming and sweeping and Swiffing. Of his own accord. Take note, husbands of the world: he's kicking your collective butt.
  • The Alpha finally replaced his bicycle. I still don't want him to start riding to work again. I mean, he's been hit twice. This isn't exactly a bike-friendly town. There are nice places to ride just for pleasure, but if you're actually trying to get somewhere, it's a little more challenging.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

he certainly is in the running for best husband - cleaning without threats?! Mr Incredible actually did all of the camp laundry today - including the sleeping bags - & folded it & put it away while I was at church & meetings...
we chose good guys!

Mary Beth said...

Man. Your spice win an award for sure!

Our priest only talked about the FIRST part of the Gospel on Sunday...ARGH! I was all primed for some more on that.

I'm sure it was what I needed to know, though.

Linda said...

Awesome! My hubby Swiffered the other day. We have no carpet (aah, blessed stained concrete!) so don't have to worry about vacuuming, ever. Gosh it's nice.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Would he wear one of those big orange vests??

I so envy you, MB and elastigirl getting together!!

DogBlogger said...

Mindy, he was wearing the orange vest both times he was hit! Craziness, I tell you.

Questing Parson said...

RE: Alpha's household chores.

And did he get a scratch behind the ears?

DogBlogger said...

QP, I decline to answer that question on the grounds that my readers can probably guess the smart remark I'm thinking without me having to type it...

;-)

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Olympic watcing sleep deprivation--yawm--us too.

spookyrach said...

dance class. Wow! that's cool. the only dance class we have here is the square dancers who get together on Friday nights to exchange blue hair dye and frilly petticoats.

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

Thank you (that doesn't really do it) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! for pointing out my error in referring to myself as a Dixiecrat. (At least I'd posted enough about myself that you were confused.) I've blogged about my error. It looks like you have a nice bog. I will be back for more.