Over at RevGalBlogPals, my friend Mary Beth has shown us the fruit of the bois d'arc tree and asked about transformation:
For this Friday's Five, share with us five transformations that the coming fall will bring your way.
1. I learned of a very sad transformation this morning. Sad for us earthly types, anyway. Last night, my friend Russ died suddenly. He was 52, and one of the rockin' pastors that made up the band Connections. He will be sorely missed here in North Texas.
2. Our congregation will be moving into its new building very soon... hopefully at least a month before Autumn officially begins.
3. The Alpha and I will be taking Disciple Bible Study. (Mid-Life Rookie will be our class facilitator! Hooray!)
4. My eldest nephew will be getting married this fall, so I'll become an aunt-in-law for the first time. (Maybe he'll finally quit moving back in with his parents!)
5. I've taken time off work for various church-nerd gatherings this year, so I'm hoping The Alpha and I can make room in our fall schedule for a getaway that's pure fun. Fun, fun, fun! We need it.
Bonus: Give us your favorite activity that is made possible by the arrival of fall.
Walking outside without immediately breaking into a sweat!