Monday, October 6, 2008

Dog prayers, please

Please pray for Twinkie, my canine niece. (Yes, my sister puts her in outfits for holidays. I do not condone this practice. This was the only picture I had on the computer, and it's from 2005.)

Twinkie had a run-in with a golf cart today. She's a dog of a certain age, and totally blind. When I talked with my sister this evening, Twinkie had decided to get up and hobble into the bedroom. That was encouraging, but they're not getting their hopes up until the 24-hour mark, which will be tomorrow afternoon.

So, prayers for Twinkie and her family, if you're the praying-for-dogs kind.

9 comments:

spookyrach said...

Poor Twinkie!

Thoughts and prayers going your way.

Deb said...

Of course I'll pray. Ze Katz not so much... But I will...

peace
d

RevAnne said...

Puppy prayers ascending...

zorra said...

Prayers rising....

RevAnne said...

Is there Twinkie news?

DogBlogger said...

Twinkie update: She seems not to have internal injuries -- she's eating and drinking and the other two functions that go along with that. But she's hobbling along sideways -- one of her shoulders took a lot of damage, and they haven't decided what to do about that yet. Also pray for my bro-in-law, who was behind the wheel of the golf cart and is beating himself up about what was clearly an accident.

RevAnne said...

Oh, dear. Puppy and human prayers ascending.

Anonymous said...

Terrier feist+prayers=hope. And your update about the other two functions is cheering and funny. But your poor Br-in-law--I'll send my feist and hope up for him.

DogBlogger said...

Thanks, all of you... the last update included a bit more improvement. They know her shoulder won't look or function like it did before, but they're just hoping she can get to the point of being pain-free.