I had no idea that SisterFilms read my blog. But I do now, because she de-lurked and tagged me! Hi, SisterFilms!
Here are the rules:
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
1. I should be drying my hair and doing other getting-ready-for-work things right now. The ceiling fan is doing its best on the hair...
2. A friend recently sent me a link to some dialects of my home state. I took one tiny linguistics workshop a very long time ago, and I remain enthralled at the differences in communities, even now that we're such a mobile and media-driven society. (Is it "barbed wire" or "bobwar"?)
3. Sometimes I feel like the only English major out there who doesn't really care for Shakespeare all that much. Anyone else?
4. This meme wouldn't be complete without a dog reference. The Boy jumped off the back of the couch Tuesday night and pulled something in his left hindquarter area. He hollered for a minute. It was scary. I'm still a little worried about him, but he's getting around just fine and one of my friends says it's happened to her dog before. Nothing looks swollen or out of place, and he doesn't seem to be hurting, so we're just keeping an eye on him.
5. I wonder how many people would keep a cold pack on their dog's hindquarters for 20 minutes after such an occurrence. I think our household might be in the minority there.
6. I'm being taken to a schmancy restaurant this Saturday night. Something about being married for a dozen years or some such. Oddly, one of my favorite things about this steak joint is... their Steakhouse Salad.
7. I don't watch much TV, but I'm hooked on this show. Holly Hunter's character hasn't learned lessons as quickly as I would like her to, but of course that's part of what keeps me watching.
No time to play along with this one. But, if you decide to play, let me know in the comments!