Over at RevGalBlogPals, Mary Beth writes:
Some of you probably use feed readers to let you know when your favorite bloggers have posted...not me, not yet. I just have folks who are part of my day-to-day.
So for today's Friday Five, give us five blogs you visit regularly, and tell us briefly WHY you like them. These can be RevGal and Pal bloggers and others ... or news sites, knitting sites, etc. Who are you showing the love to on a pretty constant basis?
Hopefully we will all get to know some new bloggy friends this way!
I'm trying to list some blogpals who aren't RevGals to spice things up!
1. Check On Steve, a blog my friend Tyra Damm writes to keep folks up to date on her husband Steve's condition. He's fighting that brain tumor with gusto, even naming it (The Damm Spot. Out, out, Damm Spot!).
2. The Dallas Morning News Religion Blog. These guys do a thorough and whimsical job of gathering and posting all kinds of religion-related stuff, local, regional, national, international. (And they occasionally link to my day job. And I to theirs.)
3. Cake Wrecks is a spot I should really visit more often (I only hit it about once a week). I just shouldn't do it while I'm at the office. It makes me laugh too hard.
4. At first I thought this type of humor only worked with cats, but I Has a Hot Dog has won me over.
5. And another one that I really should check every day, but don't: Superfantastic. By Lori. We've never actually had a meetup, but we've come close a couple of times.