- I'm one of those rare people who, even though she's been paired off with the same person for half her life, still doesn't really like Valentine's Day.
- Today is a particularly difficult day for some people in our family. I consider it the beginning of Family Death Week. I always hold my breath from the 11th until the 17th: niece, grandfather, grandmother... please, nobody else this week.
- The Boy spent the day at the vet. We still don't really know why he's been all pukey since Monday at 3:30 in the morning. But at least now we have some anti-nausea assistance, and he has kept his dinner to himself thus far.
- A friend who is an accountant is basically taking the next two months off from his life, rather than from his job, thanks to a compressed tax season. He pretty much hates everyone in Washington. I have more hope than that; but, then again, I'm younger and I don't have to deal with government crap very often.
- I should go to bed.
- Dog-related grief is very real grief. I'm just sayin'.
- New windshield wipers: check. Next: inspection and oil change.
- Sure, I may not be a big fan of Valentine's Day. But, like my new hero Liz Lemon, I'm a huge fan of food. So, either tomorrow or Friday night, we'll head to Whole Paycheck to choose our steaks, side dishes, beverages, and desserts for the dinner we'll cook at home on Saturday night.
- Example: I attended a pretty productive and interesting meeting yesterday and today, but the thing I'm remembering most clearly right now is the obscenely large brownie from lunch.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Waiting for a decent blog idea
Well, not really waiting. Because here I am blogging, with nothing very blogworthy. So, some random crap (as if the Tracelook meme last week wasn't enough):