Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Waiting for a decent blog idea

Well, not really waiting. Because here I am blogging, with nothing very blogworthy. So, some random crap (as if the Tracelook meme last week wasn't enough):
  • I'm one of those rare people who, even though she's been paired off with the same person for half her life, still doesn't really like Valentine's Day.
  • Today is a particularly difficult day for some people in our family. I consider it the beginning of Family Death Week. I always hold my breath from the 11th until the 17th: niece, grandfather, grandmother... please, nobody else this week.
  • The Boy spent the day at the vet. We still don't really know why he's been all pukey since Monday at 3:30 in the morning. But at least now we have some anti-nausea assistance, and he has kept his dinner to himself thus far.
  • A friend who is an accountant is basically taking the next two months off from his life, rather than from his job, thanks to a compressed tax season. He pretty much hates everyone in Washington. I have more hope than that; but, then again, I'm younger and I don't have to deal with government crap very often.
  • I should go to bed.
  • Dog-related grief is very real grief. I'm just sayin'.
  • New windshield wipers: check. Next: inspection and oil change.
  • Sure, I may not be a big fan of Valentine's Day. But, like my new hero Liz Lemon, I'm a huge fan of food. So, either tomorrow or Friday night, we'll head to Whole Paycheck to choose our steaks, side dishes, beverages, and desserts for the dinner we'll cook at home on Saturday night.
  • Example: I attended a pretty productive and interesting meeting yesterday and today, but the thing I'm remembering most clearly right now is the obscenely large brownie from lunch.
That is all.

6 comments:

God_Guurrlll said...

Regarding dog related grief, I can relate. I still think of my dearly departed pet everyday and wish she were with me.

Peace and love,

zorra said...

My diagnosis: garbage gut. Any dog can grab and swallow something horrid faster than the most vigilant dog mama or daddy can catch it. I'm sure he'll be OK in a couple of days.

We always eat at home on Valentine's Day: beef stroganoff, side dish to be named later, and individual molten chocolate cakes.

mid-life rookie said...

We are planning steak and wine at home for Valetines Day too. Home - a great place to be. Sorry to hear about the Boy. Hope he's better today.
He He - word verification = vicar

Kathryn said...

Whereas my verification is Hovel...so I'd better forget about whatever it was I was going to say and tidy the house...I guess!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Is he better?

I tried to leave a comment on friday five but could not.

I love the way that Angus smiles.

DogBlogger said...

Yes, we think he's almost completely recovered! We are working him back onto his regular food now. Thanks for asking!

(And thanks for the Valentine card! Beautiful!)