Friday, February 13, 2009

RevGals Friday Five: Pets

Over at RevGalBlogPals, Sophia writes:

My son's tiny beloved lizard, Elf, is looking and acting strange this week. His skin/scales are quite dark, and he is lethargic. We are adding vitamin drops to his lettuce and spinach and hoping and praying that he is just getting ready to shed his skin--but it's too soon to tell. Others in the ring have also been worried about beloved pets this week. And, in the saddest news of all, Songbird has had to bid farewell to her precious Molly, the amazing dog who is well known to readers of her blog as a constant sacrament of God's unconditional love. So in memory of Molly, and in honor of all the beloved animal companions who bless our lives: tell us about the five most memorable pets you have known.

Here we go:

First off, it's been a hard week for animals in the RevGals circle, and I wish Elf a speedy recovery.

Now, everybody who knows me at all knows who is the most memorable animal in my life: Cub.

It is so hard to choose just one photo of her--I spent 15 minutes trying--so I went with video because it better captures her joy. We still miss her very much.

Then there's Angus:

He hasn't been his usual crazy self this week. We think he either ate something he ought not, or caught some kind of bug at the dog park last weekend, and we are hoping that today will mark the return of his appetite and continuation of his regained ability to keep food going in the direction it's supposed to go.

And I can't make a favorite animal list without Lady:


Lady is the dog who convinced me I could be a dog person. And just for fun, here's a memory of Lady from Cub's point of view.

Of course, there's the new kid, Tuesday:


When I dropped Angus at the vet Wednesday, they asked about her and told me once again how glad they were that we were the family who adopted her. I'm glad they were willing and able to let her hang around their office from the time she was dumped there in July until October, when the timing was right for us to learn about her.

And for number 5, I have to go with a combo choice: Molly and Sam, Scout, Grendel, Whistle, Fish, Dubby, LittleManKitty, Rowan, Tanner, Amie (who is coming to visit us soon!), and all the other animals I know via the writing of the people who love them. (Because of my allergy, other people's writing is really the best way I can spend time with cats.)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you, love your pets.

Diane M. Roth said...

oh yes, and thanks for mentioning Grendel.

The virtual pets have been also like buddies to me, especially Cub.

Anonymous said...

This is so great. I loved the video. Thanks for posting your dog pix.

Anonymous said...

Your God-dog, Jay, wants to register as one of your favorites too! Just because he doesn't have his own blog, or even a Mom who blogs...well, you get the idea! I've come to know all of these special fur people through reading your blog, and they have convinced me that Heaven will be one very special dog park!

DogBlogger said...

Yes, Cherrie, Jay does need to be on the list! Here he is, in a post over at dear Cub's blog.

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Thanks for the good wishes for little Elf. May Angus recover rapidly as well.

zorra said...

Dear Aunt Typist,

I love you and look forward to seeing you soon. Tell The Boy and Tuesday I will be a polite guest!Thank you for thinking of me today.

Love,
Amie

Jennifer said...

Good, good pets!

altar ego said...

Love your dogs! I can tell from the pictures that if I were there I would be making smoochie faces at them and encouraging all sorts of nonsense. Dogs are the bestest.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Oh, lovely post and pictures too! When I read of Songbird losing Molly I thought of you, and Cub, right away. (((hugs))) Thanks for playing!

Michelle said...

Maddie (the 3 year old) said "Aaawww, Lady". She talks about her at least once a week still. Sometimes she plays "doggie" and she's usually Lady. Sometimes she's Tux, but usually Lady. She has tried to convince me of all sorts of ways we could bring her back. I wiwsh all the doggies could be back, but it's nice to remeber them.