Over at RevGalBlogPals, our dear Songbird writes: Where we live, it's February School Vacation Week!
Yes, that's an odd thing, a vacation extending President's Day. But it's part of our lives here. Some people go South or go skiing, but we always stay home and find more humble amusements.
In that spirit, I offer this Taking a Break Friday Five. Tell us how you would spend:
1. a 15 minute break: Catching up on fellow BlogPals. Perhaps with a sweet snack handy.
2. an afternoon off: I have the yarn for a new knitting project.... an afternoon would yield quite a bit of progress with it (it's straight knit, to be done on big needles).
3. an unexpected free day: I'd probably just assess the factors that morning and decide what to do right then. Could be productive errand-running, could be eating at some restaurant that's not normally in my path, could be reading, or dog-walking... or all of it!
4. a week's vacation: If money's no issue? Y'all, I'm heading back to Alaska! Thinking more practically, though, perhaps later this year we'll visit a national park in the lower 48, or just rambling around in New Mexico and seeing where I wind up.
5. a sabbatical: First, I'd be serious about home organization and up-sprucing. Then, I'd begin scheduling visits to friends with whom I haven't spent enough time in recent years.