Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Five: Friendship

Over at RevGalBlogPals, my friend Kathrynzj has this week's Friday Five... on friendship:

1) Do you remember your first best friend? What did you do together? Are they still in your life?
I can think of several early childhood friends that I called "best friend," none of whom are currently in my life. We played, went to school or church together, etc.

2) Did you ever have to move away or have your best friend move away from you?
In fourth grade, my friend Chrissy's father got transferred. I wrote her at her new address, and never heard back. (Dang, Kathryn, these first couple of questions are downers! On to brighter things now...)

3) Are there people in your life now that you can call 'friend'?
Yes, tons of them, from all kinds of places! In fact, there is one from Parts North in my guest bedroom right now, and we saw other friends last night and will see still more friends today!

4) What are some of your favorite things to do with your friends?
I really enjoy conversation with my close friends. We don't have to be doing anything; in fact, with some friends I don't see very often, cluttering the schedule with an activity of some sort is just a distraction to me. Put me at a dinner table or scattered around someone's living room with a circle of friends, and it's like a little piece of heaven.

5) What is a gift friendship has given you?
Too many gifts to name here... One I've used recently, though, is the ability to seek out friends who understand things in particular ways. I appreciate the different perspectives my friends bring to the same situation.

6 comments:

revkjarla said...

i love gathering round the table or living room, too.
the best.
am glad to know YOU as my revgal animalpal friend!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

a piece of heaven...

yes indeed, i think so!

RevAnne said...

Great play. Just to be comfortable, sitting around talking about whatever is such a gift!

Sally said...

love the way you identify that friends bring different perspectives as gifts!

angela said...

Good point--it is really important to just have some unplanned time with good friends. I hope it's like heaven too!

Processing Counselor said...

Loved the way you said that. Thanks.