Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Groutness.

The grout went in yesterday... a day's delay because it didn't dawn on anyone that we hadn't yet chosen the grout color. We wound up picking "Earth." Here it is.

... annnd, on the floor:


....annnd, in the dining room and foyer, too:


This afternoon The Alpha began sealing the grout, and I joined him when I got home from work. (Sealing the grout and hanging one light fixture are pretty much the only labor we ourselves have contributed to this process, beyond moving stuff out of the area. Why? So we can say, "It's Shake-n-Bake, and we helped...")

We have both coats of sealant over the laundry room and kitchen floor grout, and over the portion of the backsplash that will be covered by the microwave and range hood. The rest of the second coat will happen later. For now, this is enough. The pros can now install appliances and do paint touch-ups. I think there's still a chance this will all be finished tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some little things that don't wrap up until the weekend. I'm amazed at how many details are involved. (I haven't even told the full Tale of the Hinges on the blog. I'm not sure I want to; I think it took four attempts to get the proper cabinet door hinges... but dang, I gotta hand it to our contractor friend for his persistence on that point.)

So, I'm thinking I probably won't take more update photos until we have some furnishings back in the kitchen. Because it's really getting that close to being finished!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Does Tuesday love to be in pictures? I love seeing her!

Michelle said...

It looks really nice. I love the "wood" with the colors in the dining room. The tilework all turned out really good with the granite and the new cabinets. Very nice. Can't wait to see it all put back together, which I'm sure is what you're ready for too.

revkjarla said...

Gorgeous. It is gorgeous, and so is Tuesday!

DogBlogger said...

Songbird, Tuesday doesn't love to be in pictures like her predecessor did! (Cub might not have known exactly what the camera was all about, but she did know how to pose for it.) But she does photograph pretty well, in general.

zorra said...

Just gorgeous! I am so happy for you.
(Remember our kitchen floor? WE remember crawling across it on our hands and knees, sealing that grout. And now y'all have had that lovely bonding experience too. Mawwiage...)

Sue said...

Oh, it all looks so beautiful! I love the wall colour, the floors, the tiling, all of it. And yes, Tuesday is very camera-friendly!

Diane M. Roth said...

wow! hope ours will look good (just the floors, tho). We're thinking about what to do with her while we're doing the floors, tho.

Korean Cowgirl said...

Looks like your puppy is helping too.